Last updated at 3:11 pm UTC on 14 January 2006
What is the difference between views, viewports, forms, canvases, and windows?
Would you use a view, a viewport, a form, a canvas, or a window, if you simply wanted to draw a shape in a window (separate from the Workspace) using a Pen?
Definition of the graphical elements
Morphic is a newer display architecture which will replace the older MVC architecture in Squeak.
- Part of the new Morphic display architecture; Forms, Views, and Windows is used as the background on which to draw Morphs.
The other terms belong to the "Model, View, Control" architecture
- Basic display medium in MVC.
- Structured picture that can contain other views.
- Not a basic object; it is the rectangle of a subview in the superview's coordinate system.
- Not a basic object; it is the rectangle of a view in its coordinate system.