Last updated at 7:51 am UTC on 26 October 2017
Please add resources here on presenting Squeak.
EasySqueak A Package for easing the entry into Squeak
See the How the mouse roars presentation created by Torsten Bergmann
Over the years I demoed Squeak in various forums and for various audience. You can get the images I developed at http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/Web/Demoes/ (dead link). Use the threadNavigator to navigate from project to project. Stef
At http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/Web/Demoes/ you can also find ready to use bookmorph (kind of powerpoint squeak presentations that present Squeak, why this is good for teaching and gentle introduction to Smalltalk. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
For teachers, you can use the draft of my forthcoming book:
http://kilana.unibe.ch:9090/caroandbot/ and the environment I develop: http://kilana.unibe.ch:9090/caroandbot/environment/. My wife uses it in college (11 to 15 years old). mailto:email@example.com
Evaluate: WheelMorph example
Subject: RE: Presentations in Squeak
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000
Some tips for presentations:
See share your created morphs for some enhanced morphs and a movie created with Squeak. (including a tutorial how to do this)
You can also use the following code snippets in a workspace: World's smallest drawing program, and this Star Wars like Scroller.
If you want to present Squeak to people you should show/mention the following cool things in Squeak:
(you can also write a tape)
- size of VM, portability, technical stuff, Zaurus port, ...
- All the Play with me's
- Morphic (Rotating, Embedding, Scripting)
- Squeak Alice (PWM 7)
- Morphic in 3D-Alice Worlds (new in Squeak 2.7)
- EventRecorderMorph to record and replay actions
- BitBlt examples, transparent gifs, True Type support
- Morphic books, Flaps, PostScript support, Flash support
- Pluggable Web Server
- Sound capabilities (Midi, PianoKeyboardMorph, RecordingControls)
- Speech synthesis and gestures (See DECTalkReader and Speaker in Squeak2.7)
- Internet: Scamper, Celeste, BookMorph upload, Code updates, ...
- Goodies: MathMorphs, MandelbrotMorph, Syntaxhighlighting, Smalltalk-72,
Maybe http://homes.acmecity.com/animation/dynamite/405/ can give you a little help. It's not yet finished. Click on "About Squeak" to find videos, screenshots, ...Note that this page is temporary until I find a appropriate free server with ftp access and no advertising. So please don't set links to this page.
Hope this helps,
I gave a brownbag to Georgia Tech's GVU Center using the slides at http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu:8888/cs2340/uploads/gvubb-nov99.ppt. I started out showing the video from "Triumph of the Nerds" of Adele Goldberg demonstrating Smalltalk-80, then Steve Jobs describing what he saw and what he missed. I continued by pointing out what else he missed. I used Squeak to demonstrate ST-80 features, then went on to show other cool things in Squeak. Mark Guzdial