Last updated at 4:41 pm UTC on 29 October 2008
back selfStudy next
What we want to do: Unary, binary and key word messages.
What you should know before doing this exercise
What is a message? An Object and a method. What is a string literal
A good place to learn this is
Verify you got it
- Open a workspace window.
- Enter "3 - 2" highlight it and print-it using the context menu.
- Enter "3 - 2" highlight it and print-it using the appropriate keys.
- Enter "RectangleMorph new" highlight it and inspect-it using the context menu. Collapse the Inspector window.
- Enter "RectangleMorph new" highlight it and inspect-it using the appropriate keys. Collapse the Inspector window.
- Step by step descriptions of how to confirm you did the exercise correct.
- This may simply point you to an "answer page".
- Ideally it would have you load and run a s-unit test
Feedback - Please update this page with corrections and comments. This is a Wiki, so feel free to make corrections and extensions to the instructions above. Also feel make suggestions comments below. The more specific your comments the better.