Smalltalk message with periods and semicolons
Last updated at 3:22 pm UTC on 14 January 2006
back selfStudy next
What we want to do: Shortly we will want to send different messages to different objects. Our messages will have to be separated, hence the ".". Sending messages is useful. But sometimes it gets tedious and we want a short cut, hence the ";".
What you should know before doing this exercise
Why and how do you separate statement? Why and how do you cascade messages? Cascading messages.
- Step by step descriptions of what we want the student to do.
- Some steps will have detail if the purpose of this exercise is to teach this skill.
- Other steps will have hyper links to more detailed instructions where they already exist.
Verify you got it
- Step by step descriptions of how to confirm you did the exercise correct.
- This may simply point you to an "answer page".
- Ideally it would have you load and run a s-unit test
Feedback - Please update this page with corrections and comments. This is a Wiki, so feel free to make corrections and extensions to the instructions above. Also feel make suggestions comments below. The more specific your comments the better.