Video and Image Processing (aka VideoFlow)
Last updated at 2:46 pm UTC on 16 February 2004
last version: 19/June/2003
Authors: Diego Gomez Deck, AlejandroReimondo, Yoshiki Ohshima and Javier Musa
Webcam support based on Squeak and Webcams (by Wiebe Baron) and on http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/DShowVideo/ (by Yoshiki Ohshima)
See the page of filters available today. Add new filters is so easy, take a Form and give me a Form.
Today is posible to get a video from a mpeg file or from a camera (the camera supports works only in windows).
- the camera only runs in windows
- the plugin can run in other SOs but I can't compile it (I have only windows)
- sqWebCam-dll-sources.zip: camera support dll sources
- BETA3 version (19/June/2003)
- install ned's connectors before installing VideoFlow
- To test it drag a box from the objects dialog (world menu >> objects...) and select a video source.
- Create more boxes with filters and connect inputs with outputs (creating a wire with a click on an input/output)
- Finnaly I got the filters (not the webcam) working on linux: VPFiltersPlugin.so (16/Feb/2004)
How to test
- World Menu, objects (o), Multimedia Category, Drag & drop 'Video' Morph.
- The morph menu have an option 'open a video control panel'.
- The control panel also is available with SHIFT+Click on the morph.
- or Evaluate:
DShowVideoController default asMorph openInWorld <font color="green">"Yoshiki's camera support".</font>
VPCamera default asMorph asMorph openInWorld. <font color="green">"Old (still working) camera support"</font>
VPMPEGVideoSource new asMorph openInWorld. <font color="green">"MPEG video sources"</font>
- Open an SketchMorph with a picture
- The easiest way is to drag a gif, bmp, jpeg or png from the outer OS to the squeak window
- Get the Image Properties sheet
- Option 1: From Object Properties sheet from the "Change color" halo
- Change the Preferences option propertySheetFromHalo to always get the Object Properties instead of the normal color picker
- or click on the "Change color" halo while pressing SHIFT
- Click the [Image] button to open the Image Properties sheet
- Option 2: click on the morph while pressing SHIFT
- From the Image Properties sheet
- you can adjust the Brightness and Contrast.
- and press [Expert] to apply other filters.
How to test filters
- Press [add a new filter] from the Control Panel.
Known problems with this version
- The dll only support 16 and 24 bits source format, if you see nothing then change the resolution of the camera (from the video control panel).
VideoFlow BETA - Screenshot
- Add some save funcionality
- MPEG movies
- JPEGS movies
- Animated gifs
- Directory with 1 bitmat file x frame
- Add more video sources
- Animated gif
- Morph as a video source
- More filters
- Add support for more video modes in the camera dll
- Add camera support for Mac, Linux, etc
- Nice and easy interface for childrens (eToy?)
(Some screenshots are gif files, so the colors look not so good.)
Image Processing interface
Rotator + Melt
MPEGVideoSource + Rotator + Melt
Camera + Melt
Trail Filter (from mpeg and from camera)
Webcam in Wonderland
Examples with the Video Control Panel (the book is mine!)
Camera + Old TV Filter (BW & Color)
Origal / Emboss / Enhanced Focus / Blur / Blur + Edge Detector / Enhanced Edges
Raw Image / Emboss / Background Substraction / Background Substraction - Depth Changer - Channel Mixer
Background Substraction - GrayScale - Channel Mixer: I'm in grays, the rest in color.