Last updated at 1:32 pm UTC on 19 April 2007
I am a civil servant in Duluth, Minnesota. The far north. I have a few passions- Squeak Smalltalk, socialism, PDAs and my S.O. Mandie.
I've been around and using Squeak for the last 3 or so years. I use Squeak for just about everything, hoping one day I'll be able to dump these primitive operating systems that just get in my way (-cough-Unix-cough-) and go 100% Squeak. Toward this goal...
- Current projects:
- Ecology Research: I wrote an app for visualizing various ecological and hydrological data sets in Squeak. Squeak worked wonderfully for it. A screenshot of the app is here. Also, generated HTML from an XML source file, http://beaver.nrri.umn.edu/beav_public/datalist/.
- Dynapad: My attempt at creating a dynamic, personal PDA operating environment. See http://spe.sourceforge.net for more information. A Dynabook PDA. Newton-like. (The links in this paragraph are broken)
- Projects I Hope to Someday Work On
- Evolutionary Music: Details here. Nothing more than some very basic work had been done. Would love to work at it again, perhaps in my free time within a few years.
- Music Tracker: A tracker-like interface to the Squeak music system. To use instead of the piano roll, which I cannot stand. Something like Impulse Tracker or FastTracker II. I used to make a lot of electronic music using FT2 when I was younger. I prefer and am very much used to a tracker-like interface to creating music.
- Previous projects, pending, finished or orphaned
- A Tk binding for Squeak. Started, using STk. Probably will not continue work on it.
- Potential future projects
- A real handwriting recognition system built on Genie. By 'real,' I mean something like the HWR on the Newton or ParaGraph's CalliGrapher.