Other Squeak ports
Last updated at 1:52 am UTC on 11 February 2014
Information on the most well-developed and widely-used ports is on Downloading Squeak.
Here are other Squeak ports we know of:
- Tim Rowledge ported to Acorn RISC OS for the Acorn Archimedes, Iyonix and now Raspberry Pi, plus the DEC Itsy http://www.research.digital.com/wrl/itsy, the first unix-with-framebuffer attempt and the precursor to the iPaq range, plus (along with Craig) the Interval Research MediaPad. And the exobox unity platform.
- Craig Latta ported to the Rebel NetWinder (formerly produced by Corel Computer).
- BeOS Squeak port at http://besqueak.swiki.net
- ChrisGrindstaff ported to DOS.
- PaulFernhout ported Embedded headless (Squeakette) to Win32 & VxWorks, porting to Newton.
- GregOster ported to NetBSD-1.3/i386, and WATANABE Katsuhiro modified it for NetBSD-1.3.3/sparc.
- Boris Shingarov ported to OS/2 (with XFree86), porting to Mainframe OSs: OS/390, MVS, VM/ESA.
- WilliamBarnettLewis porting to Rhapsody for Next Station, maybe more.
- BlairMcGlashan ported to Windows CE: Casio Cassiopeia, HP320LX.
- Yoshiki Ohshima ported to Zaurus.
- YakovZaytsev is working on QNX RTOS port. It is available at squeak_vm6665_x86-3.7-7-x86-public.qpr
There have been some attempts to make Squeak run on bare metal - Squeak as Operating System
See also PortWishList.
Other Ports, with Porting Status.
Other Squeak ports sorted by platform, alphabetized:
Other Squeak ports sorted by author: