Last updated at 11:05 pm UTC on 31 October 2006
If you have questions about what you read and/or about what not written please use this page.
- Question: So if I understand correctly, SmallSqueak is a minimal VM that allows one to add in additional functionality (network stuff, 3D graphics, sound, GUI, etc) via plugins? I'm thinking here of being able to make Squeak run on embedded devices (like mobile phones) without fancy footwork in stripping down an image... Frank Shearar
- Answer: See MobVM on the metal
- Question: What is the minimal usable image you can have to develop an application in SmallSqueak ?
- Answer: SmallSqueak goal is to have the minimal image for the deployed application, not the IDE.
- The application can be developed with any _suitable_ image (IDE).Of course, the IDE itself can also be a SmallSqueak application.
- What is the minimal _suitable_ IDE to develope SmallSqueak application depends on what features are needed for the IDE.
- How to get at that minimal image entirely depends on the outcome of the modularizing efforts.
- It must be stressed that SmallSqueak is just a small Squeak.
- A few months ago, Andreas Raab < Andreas.Raab@gmx.de > posted SqueakScript, a headless image at less than 400KB. SqueakScript looks very interesting. Let's hope he will continue to polish this nice little gem.