Last updated at 3:42 pm UTC on 14 January 2006
Some features planned for Squeak version 2.0, copied from Dan's email of 27 April:
- Full conversion to pluggable views. Eliminates over 40 classes! It will be possible to run the whole development environment in Morphic. You should be able to delete View, Controller, and all their subclasses when running in Morphic. The old window scheduler and views will stay in place at least until everyone has had a chance to work seriously with Morphic for a while.
- More responsive cursor tracking in Morphic.
- Flex morphs, meaning any morph can be scaled and rotated. Right now I'm playing with a whole code browser tipped on its side. ;-)
- High-speed compression and a compact forms package. We have improved Squeak's bitmap compression and compiled it into a primitive. It is possible to compress every form in the system and only decompress when BitBlt
- Project zooms. As an option, when you enter a project, it zooms visually.
- The Mac interpreter now supports full-screen display, except for the menu bar.
- Many Twiki weaks... er... Wiki tweaks.
- Many improvements to music.
- We think the numerics affinity group will have a cleanup for some of the Float problems discussed in the newgroup recently.
- We have sworn to document Morphic properly. The new hyperlinks should help, but documentation is not our strength. :-(
- Probably a rewritten source file so we can go back to a relatively small changes file.