What's wrong with ioLoadFunctionFrom
Last updated at 4:53 am UTC on 24 September 2002
- What's wrong with
- theSTWindow = (HWND*) interpreterProxy->ioLoadFunctionFrom("stWindow","");
- ptr = (int*)interpreterProxy->ioLoadFunctionFrom("fUseOpenGL","");
- preMessageHook = (messageHook*)interpreterProxy->ioLoadFunctionFrom("preMessageHook","");
- Well, umm... again, nothing ;-).
- But I don't like to display my private things (others might have different opinion on this ;-)
- Exporting these 'system' variables is very unsafe and non-OO.
- The semantics is confusing.
- It's an abuse of the concept/design of 'ioLoadFunctionFrom'.
- Calling ioLoadFunctionFrom is always much slower than calling a getter or dereferencing a pointer.
- The acid test would be a an implementation of MobVM using 'ioLoadFunctionFrom' instead of PluginProxy.