The Future of Squeak
Last updated at 10:33 pm UTC on 18 May 2015
This page documents future to-do ideas for things the community would like to have for Squeak:
Stuff to look into:
- flushCachedVersions still reporting 0 bytes saved?
- Working 4.6 entries for Levente's Artefact. Seaside too (ask Tobias?).
- Must fix World menu | open | file.. It's impossible!
- Selection is not getting reset in MCWorkingHistoryBrowser when selecting different ancestors.
- PreferenceBrowser should get added to tools
- menuColors should be made reachable from PreferenceBrowser
- MC Save dialog to warn if not saving as a new highest-version #.
- MC Save dialog: Show (I)gnored definitions in gray; as if commented out, instead of crossed out.
- Why was #inspect changed to return the window instead of the obejct?
- Jeff Gonis bug: Selecting SM category in lower-left pane causes stack overflow.
- Order of method categories saved in MC.
- Did you notice, that just to ask a MCClassDefinition #=, it invokes asSortedCollection: each time! That is just too much garbgae, isn't it?
- Saving Morphic projects, is it working?
- Decent integration with the command line: the ability to run a script inside an image and have the CommandLineToolSet/DummyUIManager automatically used instead of the GUI versions.
- SharedObjectsContainer for things like authorName or date in MCVersionInfo's and similar application usage.
by reducing the redundantly unnecessarily repeated redundant classes we seem to have grown. It would help is more than a couple of them had comments…
- Minimize Redundant Classes
Just in list-y morph-y things
Squeak 4.5 was released in March 2014. Activity list for Squeak 4.5.
Activity list for Squeak 4.6 Release Notes
A Squeak Report for 2005 from Goran Krampe.
For 2002-2003, people should read: Dan Ingalls on where Squeak is headed
The Future of Squeak, 1999.
The Future of Squeak, 1998.