How to install the RePlugin .SAR from SqueakMap on Unix
Last updated at 2:15 pm UTC on 16 January 2006
Making the RE Plugin under Unix
- NOTE: This SAR contains some sources that must go into your VM source
- NB the RePlugin plugin code is already in the VMMaker package
Here's how to build the Andrew C. Greenberg:
- These have been extracted into a "platforms" subdirectory.
Setting up the VM
Setting up the image
- get the VM sources
- unpack to a directory
place in the VM source tree, if you aren't working in the root of the VM
- get an image
- easiest thing to do is to use inisqueak or copy an image and changes
- file into the root of the VM sources directory.
- load the rePlugin from SqueakMap
- this will make a platforms/ directory under your Squeak directory.
- copy/move the platforms/Cross/plugins/RePlugin directory to the proper
Generate the sources
- use VMMaker
- VMMakerTool openInWorld
- set path to platforms code
- set path to generated sources
- Choose internal/external plugins
- DropPlugin doesn't work right, I think.
- MIDIPlugin doesn't work
- Generate source using VMMaker tool's Generate All button
Try new VM
- mkdir build
- cd build
- mkdir .libs
- cp */.libs/*.so .libs
- ./squeak -plugins $PWD/.libs ../squeak.image
Test the plugin
- If you make everything internal, you don't have to specify a libs directory or copy them.
- TestRunner open
- select ReTest
- click Run button