Last updated at 12:21 am UTC on 1 November 2006
Version Proposal: 1.0
Last-Modified: 9 May 2003
Created: 8 May 2003
License: Squeak-L or MIT
- marcus denker
- stephane ducasse
- roel wuyts
- anthony Hannan
Squeak deserves to have an excellent scanner, parser, AST and compiler. The compilo project aims at providing this.
The current parser, scanner, and compiler are not really adapted. The AST nodes are hardcoding the pretty printer information and they lack information such as the parent node to help AST walkers.
Provide an alternative to the current compiler set by proposing to have
- a scanner generated by SmaCC
- a parser generated by SmaCC
- an good AST (the one of RB, with the information such as parent in node)
- a visitor for byte code emition and pretty printing
- the closure compiler
- the various fixes made by marcus denker
- Note that SmaCC should not be part of this but a tool that can be used.
Ongoing Actions and Next Steps
- collect all the changesets so that we are able to load them with one script
- identify next steps
Leave old compiler in as well. If people are uncomfortable with the
SmaCC license they can remove it and use the old compiler.
- We should check the licensing issues about the AST of RB.
Changesets can be obtained from
What is the status of this endevour?