Last updated at 10:07 pm UTC on 26 December 2007
Version 2.1.3, December 26, 2007, Dave Lewis
The XDisplayControlPlugin package provides primitives for controlling the connection to an X display server for Squeak. Currently, this is useful for the Unix VM, but in principle can be used for any platform that can provide an X server, such as Win32, Mac OS, or OpenVMS. A running Squeak image may call these primitives to become headless, to open a display on an X server from a headless Squeak, or to connect itself to another X server.
XDisplayControlPlugin should be built as an external plugin with VMMaker. This is because it calls functions in the VM which are now resident in an external shared library (vm-display-X11.so), and XDisplayControlPlugin must also be built as a shared library in order for the linkage to work properly.
Changes in XDCP 2.1.3 since 2.1.2:
- Fix #initialiseModule to return true.
Changes in XDCP 2.1.2 since 2.0:
- Handle #platformName move to SmalltalkImage.
- Eliminate some #cCode: calls, keep consistent with OSPP.
- Add #shouldBeTranslatedFor: to support VMM cross generation.
- Fix underscores.
Changes in XDCP 2.0 since 1.0:
- Provide 64-bit compatibility. The XDCP plugin now compiles and runs for both 32 bit and 64 bit Unix VMs and executes on 32 or 64 bit hardware.
Previous versions of XDCP:
Version 2.1.2 XDisplayControlPluginV2-1-2.sar (April 2007)
Version 2.0 XDisplayControlPluginV2-0.sar (September 2005)
Version 1.0 XDisplayControlPluginV1-0.sar (September 2005)