Wiki Tips and Tricks
Last updated at 12:13 am UTC on 20 October 2006
mergeMe into Wiki conventions
Working with the swiki
- If you do not yet know how to create and edit pages, click on the help item in the command bar above to get an explanation.
- If you plan to introduce a new page on a particular topic to this swiki, it is a good idea to first exercise the search facility from the command bar above with the title of your intended page as search string to see if the topic has already been covered somewhere on the swiki.
- There are a lot of old pages with invalid content which have been marked with a *recycleMe* tag and which can be retrieved by going to the recycleMe page and looking for the pages which reference it in the command bar. Please reuse one of these obsolete pages by editing in your content (and of course removing the *recycleMe* tag) before creating an entirely new one.
- If you intend to reference a page you know should be there, but instead get a "create" button, this indicates that the actual page's title is spelled differently than what you put in your link (unfortunately, titles are case sensitive). Don't push the "create" button. Instead, search for the page you have in mind with the search facility in the command bar, then correct your reference.
- Pages are assigned to a color category. This is the color that the command bar has. When you edit a page don't forget to check if the page is in the right color category by scrolling down to the end of the editing page. You will find a table of the color categories there, and you can click on the particular color appropriate for the page to activate it on save.
- How to create a hyperlink
More Tips and Tricks? Put them here.