Last updated at 7:41 am UTC on 17 August 2004
by Stephan Rudlof.
A blackboard changes its contents in an unknown manner...
- Separating Dependencies from Transformations
- pre- and post-requirements
- pre-req: necessary to allow Action in Transformation,
- post-req: necessary to make provides valid after Transformation,
- -> realizable via two stages of deps rules:
- install action stage, and
- logical rules stage just providing run Caps;
- provides may be used as pre-reqs for other Transformations or as targets just to be valid at the end of the whole installation process
- requirements of targets (to be runned packages) could be install targets,
- normal case: post- and pre-reqs not sharing some elements, if realized via two stages of transformations,
- standard Boolean ops AND and OR:
- requires standard -> logical AND
- conflicts standard -> logical OR
- -> others realizable via logical deps rules
- consisting of Dependency (multiple?) and Action (multiple?)
- standard install and delete Transformations, installing/deleting standard Caps
- logical Transformations
- outer loop: for all targets and requires of targets, as long as they are not reqs somewhere in the process!
- inner loop: depth first searching of Transformations resulting in requires of outer loop.