Building a Mac plugin with Metrowerks Codewarrior
Last updated at 4:20 pm UTC on 14 January 2006
From a workspace, execute:
InterpreterSupportCode storeProjectArchiveOnFileNamed: 'projectArchive.sit'.
Unpack the archive, which will give you project file for the plugin.
You can also build the plugin project from scratch:
- Make a new "Empty Project"
- Make the following changes to the project's "Settings...",
leaving defaults for things not mentioned:
- Target Settings/Target Name: plugin file name
- Target Settings/Linker: MacOS PPC Linker
- PPC Target/Project: Shared Library
- PPC Target/File Name: plugin file name
- PPC Target/Creator: FAST
- C/C++ Language: all off except "Require Function Prototypes"
- C/C++ Warnings: all off
- PPC Processor/Struct Alignment: PowerPC
- PPC Processor/Target Processor: Generic PowerPC
- PPC Linker/Entry Points: clear all of them
- PPC PEF/Fragment Name: plugin module name
- Add the plugin source file
- Add the libraries:
- MSL C.PPC.Lib
- MSL RuntimePPC.Lib
- Perform a "Make" and you should have a shiny new plugin! Copy it to the Squeak VM directory and launch Squeak.
Duane Maxwell/Entrypoint Jan 25 2000