wishlist for inclusion
Last updated at 6:25 pm UTC on 14 March 2007
1) CurvierMorph et al. A slew of fixes to PolygonMorph
including getting the sharp bend out of smooth curves.
2) TargetSighting fixes target setting for sliders and
prepares for fixing buttons as well.
3) StarMorph. The new version has handles for
increasing/decreasing points and pointedness. Prepares
the way for kaleidoscopes. — Included in 3.9a
4) Snapview. A way to get an imageMorph of any morph
(including clean screenShots
Small recent fixes.
5) ClickExerciser. A modern day replacement for
6) Fix for thumbnails.
7) Remove halos from trash fix.
8) Arrow prototype fix.
9) double click on list entry fix.
That's the lot.
Everything is on mantis.
9) http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=1347 list
8) http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=1454 arrows
7) http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=1484 Trash halo
6) http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=1625 Thumbnails
5) http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=1771 ClickExerciser
Larger wish list items
4) http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=1015 Snapview.
This is a way to get the image of a morph using the
viewer halo with the shift key pressed.
It takes a snapshot of the morph.
If you think about the uses of this. Instead of
creating a sketch, you get a morph adjust it to the
size you want. Embed other morphs to make the details
of a sketch and make a snapview image.
Stop motion animation is easy. Also you can use the
snapped images as building elements by embedding them
in another morph.
And it provides a simple way to take a clean
screenshot and have it as an image.
3) http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id= 1773 StarMorph
- This code is now inclucded in 6693md4 wiz
What you added was ok.
But it was not most up to date cs.
So I touched up my most recent and opened a new
5) http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id= 503. Target Sighting.
This is the seed of some really important abilities for morphic.
When extended to all morphs that have targets it allows you create a morph widget for
any morph by copying the widget from another morph and using the sigther retarget the copied widget.
This adds some methods to Object and a target cursor.
It fixes SliderMorphs and lets them at long last find
new morphs to target.
While it fixes SliderMorph the bug it fixes is present
in button morphs as well. (Implementors just copied it
without understanding it was a bug and patched it so
that re-targeting was not a menu option and no one
would notice the code did not work.)
It is important to get this into the image. It is the
precursor for fixing the other Morphs.
Also it could be precursor for what self calls a
The cs in 503 will probably be all that's needed.
Some care may need to be taken if the slider menu
changed since I finalized it.
The project which was just a demo will not work but I
can easily recreate it.
5) http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=504 CurvierMorph
The best and biggest fix I\u2019ve proposed has been
This is aimed at fixing the sharp bend in \u201csmooth
As I worked on it I found and fixed more and more
polygon bugs so now it is rather large. Ned Konz has
look at it. It also got a good review in its early
form from a bfav reviewer.
I have done my best to respect tradition and the needs
of others. Most fixes are internal.
While I made the Curvier feature apart of the polygon
class it can be turned off completely via a preference
or overridden simply in any subclass that needs the
old behavior. CurveMorph has done this for
compatibility with the old morphs.
The cs is probably up to date enough to be included in
3.8 or 3.9. If I get a commitment that it will be put
into the image I will load it into the most recent 3.9
image available and check to see that it is not
overriding changes made after I last finalized it in
February this year. The checking is a lot of mucky
work so the commitment is essential to get my patron
to let me put in the time.
Also the fix I proposed for arrow prototypes (Mantis
1454) could and should be incorporated. Easy enough to
And the old fix for menu wording (mantis 1604) for
This cs also contains the solution to Mantis 511.