Tim Rowledge SqF 2007
Last updated at 11:46 pm UTC on 19 February 2007
Most of you know me - Tim Rowledge.
- I've been around Smalltalk a very long time and developing Squeak since before most people knew it existed - in fact before I did!
- I tend the VMMaker package, work on Sophie and try to contribute to the wider community when there is spare time. Googling will reveal quite a lot of my communications to the Squeak world. I am currently a board member and would like to continue on the board.
- I believe that the main responsibility of the foundation board is to run the foundation; to keep the community communications mechanisms running, to raise enough money to pay for them and to provide a legal and logistical home for the Squeak world at large.
- I do not think it is the place of the board to tell people what they can or cannot do with Squeak. Individual members of the board may take whatever technical positions they like, or none, and any member of the community should feel able and welcome to lead a project. We cannot force people to do anything and should not be so silly as to pretend we can.
- The board can help to keep people in touch, to facilitate minimisation of wasted effort and to share resources.