Squeak Foundation Board 2008 Election
Last updated at 6:34 pm UTC on 8 March 2008
Election leader 2008: Göran Krampe
The election is over
For this year we had 437 authorized voters of which 178 voted, that is slightly more than 40% voting - a bit disappointing IMHO since we had 157 voting of 347 last year which gives above 45%. On the other hand 178 is more than 157, so we had more voters and thus agrowing community, which of course is the most important aspect!
Below is the board for the following year, the order reflects the ranking from the election:
- Dan Ingalls
- Craig Latta
- Bert Freudenberg
- Yoshiki Ohshima
- Tim Rowledge
- Randal L. Schwartz
- Igor Stasenko
And thus the candidates left out are the following (also in ranked order):
You can also view the excrutiating details from the election.
- Giovanni Corriga
- Edgar J. De Cleene
- Andrew P. Black
- Matthew Fulmer
- Tansel Ersavas
Some candidates have presented themselves with an article on SqP. We had also cooked up 11 questions for the candidates to answer, which most of them have.
The schedule and process is as follows, only slightly adjusted from earlier years:
- Now through 22nd February: Nominations of board members
- Candidates should nominate themselves on the squeak-dev mailing list. Or if you nominate someone else, make sure that person really wants to run. :)
- 22nd February to 29th February: Campaigning period
- During this period the candidates should ideally present themselves and the community can ask questions. There is also a structured Q&A activity.
- 1st march 6PM (18.00) UTC: Online election starts using the CIVS system
- The voting period is one week long and ballots are sent out via email. Only Squeakers rated as Apprentice (or higher) on people.squeakfoundation.org are eligible to vote - make sure your email address is up to date there!!!
- 8th march 6PM (18.00) UTC: Online election ends Click here to find your local time
- Results will be announced as soon as possible on the 8th or 9th.