Squeak Oversight Board Election 2010
Last updated at 10:17 pm UTC on 17 March 2010
Election leader 2010: Göran Krampe
For this year we ended up with 459 authorized voters. Due to the way the system works 471 ballots were sent in total (some bounced and corrections were made etc) and in the end 176 voted, that gives us about 38% voting. This is lower than previous years, and also fewer real voters than last year.
The leadership team for 2010-03-17 - 2011-03-17 is presented below. The order reflects the ranking from the election using the default Condorcet completion rule (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD). All the rules give the same top 7 choices, but in slightly different order:
- Andreas Raab
- Bert Freudenberg
- Randal Schwartz
- Craig Latta
- Juan Vuletich
- Jecel Assumpcao Jr
- Chris Muller
And thus the candidates left out are the following (also in ranked order):
- Michael Haupt
- Matthew Fulmer
- Edgar De Cleene
- Gary Dunn
Noteworthy is that Andreas, Bert, Craig, Randal and Jecel thus will serve one more year, with new blood added in the form of Juan and Chris taking the seats of Ken and Igor.
Detailed result can be seen at here.
Candidates and relevant posts (order of announcement)
Posts related to the Election (chronological)
The schedule and process is as follows:
- Now through 3rd March: Nominations of SOB members and campaigning
- Candidates should nominate themselves and start their campaign on the squeak-dev mailing list. Or if you nominate someone else, make sure that person really wants to run. :) I will not put anyone on the candidate list until that person makes it known on squeak-dev that he/she does run.
- The candidate list is finalized on the 3rd March.
- 3rd March to 10th March: Continued campaigning period
- During this period, the candidates should ideally present themselves on squeak-dev, unless they have already done so, and the community can ask questions.
- 10th March 6PM (18.00 UTC): Online election starts using the CIVS system
- The voting period is one week long and ballots are sent out via email. And how do you end up on the voter list? See below. :)
- 17th March 6PM (18.00 UTC): Online election ends Click here to find your local time
- Results will be announced immediately when the election ends.
If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the list, no worries! If you are a new Squeaker and wish vote do ONE of the following:
- Get a "known" Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker sends an email to me giving me name and email for you - then I will add you.
- Send an email to me yourself (and CC to squeak-dev if you like) with information/arguments showing me that you are indeed serious about voting and that you are indeed a Squeaker. And no, I don't have any hints on what you should write! :) Unless you totally screw that up, you will probably be added.
When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with instructions and a link to the voting website.