Squeak Oversight Board Election 2011
Last updated at 9:33 pm UTC on 10 April 2011
Election leader 2011: Göran Krampe
For this year we ended up with 460 authorized voters. Due to the way the system works 466 ballots were sent in total (some people had changed their emails) and in the end 138 voted, that gives us about 30% voting. This is lower than previous years, last year was 38%, 188 voted.
The leadership team for 2011-04-10 - 2011-04-10 (approximately) is presented below. The order reflects the ranking from the election using the default Condorcet completion rule (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD). All the rules actually give the same top 7 choices:
1. Bert Freudenberg
2. Chris Muller
3. Colin Putney
4. Randal Schwartz
5. Levente Uzonyi
6. Jecel Assumpcao
7. Chris Cunnington
And thus the candidates left out are the following (also in ranked order):
8. Edgar De Cleene
9. Nikolay Suslov
10. Gary Dunn
11. Merik Voswinkel
A special mention to you guys, especially you who have been running more than once - we really appreciate your commitment and without it this election would have ended up lacking credibility. Thank you.
This means that we have Bert, Randal, Jecel and Chris Muller serving one more term on the board together with new blood in the form of Colin, Levente and Chris Cunnington who are replacing Andreas, Craig and Juan.
Detailed result can be seen here.
Thank you all for this year's election and thank you Andreas, Craig and Juan for serving 2010, as well as all the others of course! :)
I wish the new SOB good luck and I also would like to mention that I am sorry for the election "mishaps" this year, I have been somewhat distracted and not been able to do the election full justice, sorry for that.
Candidates and relevant posts (order of announcement)
Posts related to the Election (chronological)
The schedule and process is as follows:
- Now until 3rd April 2PM (14.00 UTC): Nominations of SOB members and campaigning! No need to wait, get on it!
- Candidates should nominate themselves and start their campaign on the squeak-dev mailing list. Or if you nominate someone else, make sure that person really wants to run. :) I will not put anyone on the candidate list until that person makes it known on squeak-dev that he/she does run. During this period, the candidates should ideally present themselves on squeak-dev, unless they have already done so, and the community can ask questions.
- 3rd April 2PM (14.00 UTC): Candidate list finalized.
- 3rd April 6PM (18.00 UTC): Online election starts using the CIVS system
- The voting period is one week long and ballots are sent out via email. And how do you end up on the voter list? See below. :)
- IMPORTANT: New voters will NOT be added once the election is started. You MUST try to get on the voter list before the 3rd April or you will NOT be able to vote.
- 10th April 6PM (18.00 UTC): Online election ends Click here to find your local time
- Results will be announced immediately when the election ends.
If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the list, no worries! If you are a new Squeaker and wish vote do ONE of the following:
- Get a "known" Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker sends an email to me giving me name and email for you - then I will add you.
- Send an email to me presenting yourself (and CC to squeak-dev if you like) with information/arguments showing me that you are indeed serious about voting and that you are indeed a Squeaker. And no, I don't have any hints on what you should write! :) Unless you totally screw that up, you will probably be added.
When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with instructions and a link to the voting website.