How to create a new SqueakMap Release
Last updated at 2:06 am UTC on 29 December 2011
To create a new release of an existing SqueakMap package:
- Open the SqueakMap Catalog.
- Find the package to create a new release for. (New Packages can only be registered via the web-interface).
- Select the release on which the new release should be based. (Although, ancestry is not needed or used in SqueakMap, so it should, alternatively be fine to select the main-level package).
- Select "Create new Release" from the context menu.
- The SqueakMap Release browser is opened.
- If this is just a new release of a fixed configuration, its easiest to just cut and paste the script from the prior release and then select "update with loaded versions" from the context menu of the script-pane. See screenshot, below.
- The installation script should be written to follow the SqueakMap Publishing Guidelines.
- Fill in all of the fields. Hover over them to see balloon help about what goes in there. Press Command+S to save their contents of each field.
- When all fields are filled in, press the "Save" button.
- An HTTP communication is made with the SqueakMap server, the script file is uploaded into your personal directory of files, and a new release for the package is created. The Release window is closed.