Squeak Oversight Board Election 2012
Last updated at 9:13 pm UTC on 20 April 2012
Election leader 2012: Göran Krampe
For this year we ended up with 468 authorized voters of which 119 voted. that gives us about 25% compared to 30% last year and 38% in 2010. Of the 468 ballots sent 53 could not be delivered.
The leadership team for 2012-04-20 - 2013-04-20 (approximately) is presented below. The order reflects the ranking from the election using the default Condorcet completion rule (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD) as customary but all the rules actually give the same top 7 choices in the same order:
1. Bert Freudenberg
2. Craig Latta
3. Colin Putney
4. Chris Muller
5. Randal Schwartz
6. Levente Uzonyi
7. Chris Cunnington
And thus given the fact we only had 8 candidates this year Edgar De Cleene is the one getting left out.
I salute you Edgar for running - without more than 7 candidates this election lacks credibility and this year it was darn close. Thank you.
This means that Bert, Colin, Chris, Randal, Levente and Chris Cunnington will be serving one more term together with Craig Latta replacing Jecel Assumpcao.
Detailed result can be seen here.
Thank you all for this year's election and thank you Jecel for serving 2011, as well as all the others of course!
I wish the new SOB good luck and I also would like the board to take a deep hard look at the state of our community and how the process for the election next year is going to look like.
Candidates (order of announcement)
- Craig Latta
- Chris Muller
- Randal Schwartz
- Chris Cunnington
- Colin Putney
- Bert Freudenberg
- Edgar De Cleene
- Levente Uzonyi
Posts related to the Election (chronological)
The schedule and process is as follows:
- Now until 13th April 2PM (14.00 UTC): Nominations of SOB members and campaigning! No need to wait, get on it!
- Candidates should nominate themselves and start their campaign on the squeak-dev mailing list. Or if you nominate someone else, make sure that person really wants to run. :) I will not put anyone on the candidate list until that person makes it known on squeak-dev that he/she does run. During this period, the candidates should ideally present themselves on squeak-dev, unless they have already done so, and the community can ask questions.
- 13th April 2PM (14.00 UTC): Candidate list finalized.
- 13th April 6PM (18.00 UTC): Online election starts using the CIVS system.
- The voting period is one week long and ballots are sent out via email. And how do you end up on the voter list? See below. :)
- IMPORTANT: New voters will NOT be added once the election is started. You MUST try to get on the voter list before the 13th April or you will NOT be able to vote.
- 20th April 6PM (18.00 UTC): Online election ends Click here to find your local time
- Results will be announced immediately when the election ends.
If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the list, no worries! If you are a new Squeaker and wish vote do ONE of the following:
- Get a "known" Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker sends an email to me giving me name and email for you - then I will add you.
- Send an email to me presenting yourself with information/arguments showing me that you are indeed serious about voting and that you are indeed a Squeaker. And no, I don't have any hints on what you should write! :) Unless you totally screw that up, you will probably be added. And no, don't send me a 10 page essay ;)
- When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with instructions and a link to the voting website.