Squeak Oversight Board Election 2019
Last updated at 1:25 am UTC on 17 January 2019
Election leader 2019: Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Oversight Board 2019 members are:
The list will be posted here when the results are final
Detail results for 2019>
Candidates (order of announcement)
- Craig Latta
- Tim Rowledge
- Marcel Taeumel
- Bert Freudenberg
- David T. Lewis
- Ben Coman
- Chris Muller
- None of the Below
Voting for None of the Below
Voting for "None of the Below" allows you to vote for the people you want most without having to vote for candidates that you do not prefer. Candidates that get fewer votes than "None of the Below" are not elected to the board. In the case that "None of the Below" is chosen above the 7 candidates needed, the board will have fewer than 7 members for the year. When voting starts you will be asked to rank the candidates in the order you wish to have them added to the board. If you don't have a preference between two candidates rank the users with the same rank. Ranking "None of the Below" above other members indicates your desire to vote against the remaining candidates. DO NOT select "No Opinion" as this does not rank the remaining candidates at all. Select a lower rank than "None of the Below" to vote against them. If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Your question and answer will be posted to squeak-dev.
The squeak community does its best to elect 7 board members each year. In the event that less than 7 board members run or less than 7 are elected (see Voting for None of the Below) the next largest ODD number of board members will be elected to the board. The requirement for an ODD number of seats is to ensure that tie votes can be broken. For example, if 7 candidates run and 6 are elected, the highest 5 ranking board members will serve on the board.
Posts related to the Election (chronological)
The schedule and process are as follows:
- Now until Monday 21st of January 3 PM (20.00 UTC): Nominations of SOB members and campaigning!
- Monday 21st of January 2019 3 PM (20.00 UTC): Candidate list is finalized.
- Monday 21st of January 2019 4 PM (21.00 UTC): Online election starts.
- Tuesday 5th of February 2019 4 PM (23.00 UTC): Online election ends.
- Results will be announced immediately when the election ends.
If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the list, no worries! If you are a new Squeaker and wish vote do ONE of the following:
- Get a "known" Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker sends an email to me giving me your name and email for you - I will add you.
- Send an email to me presenting yourself with information/arguments showing me that you are indeed serious about voting and that you are indeed a Squeaker. And no, I don't have any hints on what you should write! :) Unless you totally screw that up, you will probably be added. And no, don't send me a 10 page essay ;)
- When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with instructions and a link to the voting website.
Squeak Oversight Board 2018 members are:
1. Bert Freudenberg
2. Eliot Miranda
3. Tim Rowledge
4. David T. Lewis
5. Marcel Taeumel
6. Craig Latta
7. Nicolas Cellier