Last updated at 1:35 pm UTC on 9 September 2019
Problem. You got Monticello working with Squeaksource and kinda start to like it. Now though you must go back to the reality, and show your office that you are doing something. This usally means, Git or GitHub activity. How to do it ?
Solution. The right way is that you should read all the documentation available for Monticello, Metacello, FileTree ... understand what is old, what is valid only for Pharo.X.Y and so on. We will take a shortcut, becuase, for now, we just want to show up in GitHub, nothing really complex. Luckily for us somebody wrote MetacelloGit.
- I suppose you are on a Unix/Mac machine where git command is working and set up to push/pull/whatelse your GitHub page.
- I suppose you have OSProcess installed
- This procedure was tested working in a Squeak 5.2.
Ok, now open your friend Monticello, choose one of your project already standing in Squeaksource or locally.
- Add a repository, Aha! you see, now there is also GitHub.
- From now on you should be able to do alone, just try and put your project on GitHub.
P.S. Do your tests with expendable code;)