What parts of Squeak are fast...and slow?
Last updated at 6:27 pm UTC on 12 March 2003
- Message sends, but don't worry about this. It's a lot faster than in other languages.
- Development is fast. It's simply "Smalltalk"
- N-squared loops are slow, just like in other systems.
- 'Become' is a little slow (swapping the references to two objects), but you won't use this in normal code.
- Morphic could be faster but the Morphic Cleanup Project (MCP) is currently working on cleaning some things.
Last update [01-Mar-03] chbu