FAQ: Change Sorters
Last updated at 6:06 pm UTC on 29 October 2017
How do I create separate fileouts for different projects I have going on in my image? What's the best way to save the Squeak code I'm working on to an external file?
Repeat after me: "change sorters are our friends". ;-)
- Open up a simple Change Sorter or a dual change sorter. (World menu 'open...' 'simple/dual change sorter')
- Create your own ChangeSet (yellow/middle button the change-set list panel (upper-left panel), pick "new change set..." or type "alt-n" with the mouse cursor in the change-set list panel) or use the red/left button to select an existing change set.
- Yellow/middle button the change-set list panel and select "make changes go to me", or type "alt-m" with the mouse cursor in the change-set list panel.
- You can then move or copy any other methods in other change sets to yours, or fileIn your code, or make a change in your method and accept, or whatever. (All code changes you make in other browser windows will be reflected in this current changeset.)
- When you fileout your change set it will contain all the methods you changed or added.
- You can also browse the change set, add preambles or a postscript, ...
Using the ChangeSorter (especially explanation on postscript)
Goodies and Changesets