Last updated at 6:48 pm UTC on 6 December 2003
This is the admistrative page for an experimental self study course. All pages with this tag are part of a self-study course that we are trying to develop for folks new to Squeak. The starting or home page for this course is selfStudy.
The criteria for this "course" is:
After the title, each page in the course is structured as shown below.
- We only teach things that one of us (as newbies) wanted to learn.
- We teach by exercises and tests :0) because that's the way we learn.
- We hope everyone who has the prerequisite knowledge Will be able to complete the class.
What we want to do: Why we are doing this exercise/what this exercise does/what we have when we are done.
What you should know before doing this exercise
Prequeristies given in question form with hyperlinks to pages that provide the necesssary information. We hope that most of this material is already on the Swiki somewhere
- Step by step descriptions of what we want the student to do.
- Some steps will have detail if the purpose of this exercise is to teach this skill.
- Other steps will have hyper links to more detailed instructions where they already exist.
Verify you got it
- Step by step descriptions of how to confirm you did the exercise correct.
- This may simply point you to an "answer page".
- Ideally it would have you load and run a s-unit test
Feedback - Please update this page with corrections and comments. This is a Wiki, so feel free to make corrections and extensions to the instructions above. Also feel make suggestions comments below. The more specific your comments the better.
back selfStudy next