Last updated at 5:05 pm UTC on 16 January 2006
EXPERIMENTAL! - last version: 8/April/2002
Author: Diego Gomez Deck
Experimental implementation of "Dynamic Categories". The goal is to categorize methods on the fly based on some criteria, when the condition change the method is removed automaticaly from the category. Dynamic categories are inheritance of DynamicMethodCategory and implements #name and #includes:in:. The same idea is applicable to classes categories.
|The actual implementation is very experimental, only to play with the idea. For a 'real' implementation several changes to Brower, ClassOrganizer, etc are necessary. Anyway this version is enought to play and 'feel' the idea. The performance is not so good, but usable.|
|Please tell me what do you think. If enought people like it, I'll make a 'real' implementation.|
- UncommentedMethods: Methods with the comment missing.
- MethodsToSee: Methods with #todo, #fixThis or #bob.
- LargeMethods: More than 20 lines of code.
- DuplicatedMethods: Same implementation in the superclass hierarchy
- MethodsWithSlips: Transcript, #halt, etc
Unimplemented but planned
- More Categories
- MethodsToImplement: Methods with #subclassResponsibility in the superclass but not yet implemented.
- LastChanged: The list of N last changed methods.
- Colors: Each category has a color. The methods categorized get the category color.
- Classes Categories: The same idea but with classes categories.
- In Preferences category 'browsing', check the enableDynamicMethodCategories option.
- Enable the categories that you want:
DynamicMethodCategory add: LargeMethodsCategory new.
DynamicMethodCategory add: MethodsWithSlipsCategory new.
DynamicMethodCategory add: DuplicatedMethodsCategory new.
DynamicMethodCategory add: UncommentedMethodsCategory new.
DynamicMethodCategory add: MethodsToSeeCategory new.
- Use the normal Browser.