Last updated at 5:08 pm UTC on 16 January 2006
The SIMS stands for Simulator of Interactive Mobile Sentients. It's indended to be a simulation and game engine based on the general qualities of a MOO or the commercial game, The Sims.
- Totally modular AI system and actor construction.
- Hierarchical logic of places, and mappings to real-world coordinate regions.
- Full generic use of prepositions.
- More general than any commonly used Object-Oriented MUD, and of course you can script it in Smalltalk.
- Uses peer-based processing to manage the complexity of handling large worlds, instead of relying on a central server.
SIMS Let me know here what you'd like to see added to the framework, I'll receive automatic email notices.