Squeak Leadership Team 2009 Election
Last updated at 10:00 am UTC on 9 March 2009
Election leader 2009: Göran Krampe
For this year we had 461 authorized voters, but only 432 ballots were sent out due to bounces. Of the 432 ballots sent 188 voted, that gives us about 43% voting (last year we had 40% voting, 178 votes). But in 2007 we had 45% voting, although fewer authorized voters and fewer voters.
The leadership team for 2009-03-08 - 2010-03-08 is presented below. The order reflects the ranking from the election:
- Andreas Raab
- Bert Freudenberg
- Craig Latta
- Randal L. Schwartz
- Ken Causey
- Igor Stasenko
- Jecel Assumpcao Jr
And thus the candidates left out are the following (also in ranked order):
- Matthew Fulmer
- Edgar J. De Cleene
- Brent Pinkney
- David Mitchell
Noteworthy is that Craig, Bert, Randal and Igor thus will serve one more year, with new blood added in the form of Ken, Jecel and Andreas.
Detailed result can be seen at:
The schedule and process is as follows:
- Now through 22nd February: Nominations of leadership team members and campaigning
- Candidates should nominate themselves on the squeak-dev mailing list. Or if you nominate someone else, make sure that person really wants to run. :) I will not put anyone on the candidate list until that person makes it known that he/she does run.
- Campaigning is just fine during this period.
- The candidate list is finalized on the 22nd.
- 22nd February to 28th February: Campaigning period
- During this period the candidates should ideally present themselves on squeak-dev, unless they have already done so, and the community can ask questions.
- Last year we organised a structured Q&A activity and I will not be doing it this year, but of course if someone else steps up to do it - just mail me!
- 1st march 6PM (20.30 (delayed 2,5 hours)) UTC: Online election starts using the CIVS system
- The voting period is one week long and ballots are sent out via email. And how do you end up on the voter list? See below. :)
- 8th march 6PM (18.00) UTC: Online election ends Click here to find your local time
- Results will be announced as soon as possible on the 8th or 9th.
If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the list, no worries! If you are a new Squeaker, read on. (If you don't recall if you are on the list - we will try to get it up here somehow without attracting spammers :))
Earlier we used a website with a trust system to figure out who could vote. This year that website is not available anymore (people.squeakfoundation.org) so we will do it more "manually" this year. In order to get onto the voter list do ONE of the following:
- Get a "known" Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker sends an email to me (goran (at) krampe.se) giving me name and email for you - then I will add you.
- Email me privately ((goran (at) krampe.se, you may CC to squeak-dev, fine with me) with information/arguments showing me that you are indeed serious about voting and that you are indeed a Squeaker. And no, I don't have any hints on what you should write! :) Unless you totally screw that up, you will probably be added.
When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with instructions and a link to the voting website.