Documentation Team Diary (Historical)
Last updated at 6:55 am UTC on 5 April 2007
This is where Matthew Fulmer reported his progress before the Squeak Documentation Team mailing list was in use.
8 December 2006
3 November 2006
1 November 2006
21 October 2006
14 October 2006
30 Sep 2006
- Chapter 2 of the tutorial is ready
- Research into Morphic is underway
- Seven people have volunteered for the project; three of them have made contributions
- The target audience has been finalized: the tutorial will be directed at programmers
23 Sep 2006
- The documentation team was officially accepted by the Squeak board
- Recruitment of volunteers began
- Discussion about the outline and scope of the tutorial began
22 September 2006
21 Sep 2006
A documentation team was officially proposed to the Squeak board. The project plan and participants are still subject to change.
20 Sep 2006
a documentation project was planned, awaiting input from the community.
We have a choice of where to host this project, whether on minnow.cc.gatech.edu or elswhere. http://en.wikibooks.org/ is an an appropriate alternative location, but it is probably not a good idea for several reasons:
- It would lose all the history associated with this swiki
- It would require rewriting a massive ammount of information
- It would not be a Squeak-hosted product, violating one of Squeak's major design goals
What should we do? Here are the results that were collected from the community:
| || # ||percentage|
| Stay with Minnow|| 27 || 77.1 %|
| New MediaWiki|| 6 || 17.1 %|
| New Other Wiki|| 1 || 2.8 %|
| New Swiki|| 1 || 2.8 %|
| Wikibooks|| 0 || 0.0 %|
| total|| 35 || |
- [12-Dec-03] Jack Keel Working on Squeak in a Nutshell. As I clean up other pages or find particularly complete documentation by others I add them to my "in a Nutshell" index.
- [10-Nov-03] on-going: cleaning up swiki pages (deleting outdated material and garbage; updating references; copy-editing)
- [18-Mar-03] Chris Burkert:
- I have collected pages of this swiki starting at 1. I'm at page 600 but this will not be the end ;-)
- Some that might be usefull for Documentation and eventually for translation in other languages. For this see *rememberMeForDocumentation*.
- Others are garbage so please use those for *recycleMe*
- Finally some have to be updated or refactored. See *updateMe* and *refactorMe*
- [04-Mar-03] Hannes Hirzel: Following a suggestion by Serge Stinckwich I propose to build up a consensus on Wiki conventions.
- [01-Mar-03] Chris Burkert:
- [23-Feb-03] Chris Burkert:
- [17-Feb-03] Hannes Hirzel:
- Request to the list about concepts / quality assessment of the Databases and Persistence efforts. Collecting responses at the moment.
- [16-Feb-03] Giovanni Giorgi:
- [09-Feb-03]: Would you please add your name here ?
- Continue harvesting questions from the mailing list and add them to the Squeak FAQ.
- Enhancing the Bibliography
- [10-Mar-02] Doug Way:
- [16-Oct-99] Matthias Berth:
- I have just started the Squeak Cookbook. Your additions and enhancements are very welcome. (Let me confess that I'm a Newbie learning to Squeak, so I don't feel competent enough for this task.)