Squeak VM port maintainers
Last updated at 9:52 pm UTC on 1 December 2008
The primary port maintainers can be considered the "owners" of the code for a specific port and their big responsibility is ensuring the quality of the code that makes it into their platform's folders on the Subversion repository. If "bad" code gets in there, then the maintainer(s) of the port are
Currently we have only ONE primary maintainer for each port but there could be multiple maintainers for a port.
- Only the primary port maintainers are allowed to commit changes onto the repository.
- The primary port maintainers are also the ones responsible for producing releases for the separate ports.
- The primary port maintainers make sure that:
- a compiled VM made from the trunk is as correct as possible (for a non-stable version) at any given point in time, so a normal"checkout" should compile/work with no unpleasant surprises
- the code itself reaches the same standards (good comments, meaningful variable names, clear and consistent formatting, etc.) as the rest of the codebase.
The current (as of 2002-08-21) primary maintainers of the ports are:
Also see Squeak VM developers for a listing of all developers with commit rights .