Last updated at 8:49 am UTC on 22 June 2019
Form is an important class in Squeak which is used everywhere. It is a subclass of DisplayMedium.
- A form is a rectangular array of pixels, used for holding bitmaps.
- All pictures, including character images (see class StrikeFont and TTCFont) are Forms.
- An instance is created by
- Form fromFileNamed: aFileName
- Form fromDisplay: aRectangle
- Form fromUser
- and other methods
- The class Form reads and writes BMP and JPG files.
- The GIFReadWriter gives back instances of Form as well.
- If you send the message #asMorph to a Form object you get an ImageMorph instance.
- form bits gives back the Bitmap
- form bits asArray just the bits as an array
- For further details see class documentation of Form and examples in the examples category. This is a useful starting point for exploring the Squeak Graphics system.
part of the class hierarchy
Form #('bits' 'width' 'height' 'depth' 'offset')
B3DTexture #('wrap' 'interpolate' 'envMode')
ColorForm #('colors' 'cachedDepth' 'cachedColormap')