Last updated at 3:21 am UTC on 17 February 2018
- A project is a place where you can work and do your own things.
- "A project is everything you see on a screen" 
- Projects are similar to pages on the internet 
- Projects can be considered to be Squeak components.
- Smalltalk-78 already had projects
In the code a project object is loaded with
Project current openViewAndEnter: aProject
More see ProjectLoading
- A MorphicProject fills the screen with a PasteUpMorph and its Morphs.
- You can save a project with its World Morph and submorphs to a file or a server by choosing an option of the World menu. A pr file is generated. To pass the project on you only need this '.pr' file. (from an email by Andreas Raab) [This works only in certain versions of Squeak]
- An Etoys Player may be associated with the World PasteUpMorph of a project. The script of the player is run when the project is opened.
Note that in Pharo projects have been removed.
 Dan Ingalls writes in The Squeak Image: Projects are used to capture and switch the entire display state. Therefore they store much of the state (When are the deferred UI messages processed? or ScheduledControllers, Transcript, and Display depth).
 Squeak 3.8.1 release notes
Projects are separate worlds within Squeak, similar to pages on the Internet. In fact active projects can be shared over the internet just like web pages. We have included a number of demonstration projects in the 'Worlds of Squeak' window. Other projects may be found by selecting the 'FIND' button under the Navigator tab at the bottom of the screen.