Last updated at 4:38 pm UTC on 5 April 2007
A package is a set of separately loadable code. It may be a set of useful classes, a framework dealing with some area, a complete application or an application development tool. This page provides links to web pages that describe Squeak packages stored on SqueakMap. This page lists only some packages. The package name given here is the name you should select from the SqueakMap window.
To get a complete list of SqueakMap packages, or to load any of these packages, see Publishing Packages with SqueakMap.
- Where there are multiple versions of a package for different Squeak releases, we give the name for the most current release of Squeak.
- If you are meant to install package using a another package, an installer package, rather that the package itself, we give the installer package name.
- We do not list package names for package "uninstallers," or "sub-packages.
- Nor do we list names of packages of unit tests for packages. (You are encouraged to install and run such sunit tests. They are a great way to learn about the package and to assure yourself everything is working correctly.)
- If we couldn't find a web page that more fully describes how to use the application than the the Web page provided by SqueakMap itself, the package isn't listed here.
Web Documentation for SM Packages
- Assertions Is a package for adding an assertion mechanism to Squeak
- BobsUI A Morphic,data-entry UI widget set (does not include a "GUI builder")
- BFAV2 Installer Installs the Bug Fixes Archive Viewer tool used to submit and to review/commenting on proposed fixes and enhancements for Squeak.
- Bitstream Vera Naked A set of TrueType fonts with a very free license
- Celeste An e-mail reading and organizing program with filtering
- ConflictChecker Used to check a.cs/.st file for conflicts with methods from more recent update-changesets in your image
- Connectors A package that turns Morphic into a drawing environment for making connected drawings
- Cryptography A package that contains cryptographic classes
- EasySqueak A tool to ease the creation of exercises for students learning Squeak
- HttpView2 A lightweight web framework
- IRCe is the enhance InternetRelayChat client for Squeak
- Magma server A data base for persisting and sharing objects designed to has an API as tiny and transparent as possible.
- NetMorph A Network-enabled Morphic System.
- OpenOffice Importer Imports OpenOffice documents. OpenOffice is an open source, multiplatform office package and based on XML and Zip
- PDFReader and SPL PDF Library Frameworks for reading and for creating portable document formats
- ProgrammingMorphs An interactive introduction to programming your own morphs.
- Seaside A framework for developing sophisticated web applications in Smalltalk
- shapes Viewing GIS data in ESRI shapefile format for use with GPS, nautical maps ...
- Squeak/.NET bridge This package lets you use .NET objects from your Squeak programs
- Star Browser Allows you to browse your Smalltalk environment and classify anything you encounter while doing so
- T-Gen A tool for automatically generating string-to-object translators
- Test Runner and Test Runner Enhancements The Squeak version of Kent Beck's SUnit testing framework for Test Driven Development
- Units A package that allows you to do math like 1 foot / 3 is 4 inches
- VMMaker A tool, both scriptable and interactive, that gathers all the jobs that build the Squeak Virtual Machine (Overview) into one place.